This training course for veterinary officals was developed by the Ecole Nationale des Services Vétérinaires (ENSV) within the network of OIE1 Collaborating Centres in cooperation with professors from France’s four veterinary schools, the Ecole Inter-Etats des Sciences et Médecine Vétérinaires de Dakar (EISMV, Senegal), and the University of Montreal (Saint-Hyacinthe, Canada).
This training course is specifically intented for officials from countries that have committed to the OIE PVS Pathway, performed a PVS Gap Analysis, and defined a strategic plan for strengthening their Veterinary Services.
PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE AND LOCATION:
- January 2020 to november 2020: three-day course monthly
- Late March 2020: one week face-to-face session at ENSV, Marcy l’Etoile, France
Through various educational methods, the course aims to:
- Promote the implementation of OIE standards and recommendations
- Support good governance of Veterinary Services (exchange of practices and experience)
- Help build the institutional and technical capacities of partner countries
- Enable sharing of experience and practices with regard to OIE & Codex Alimentarius standards and thus enhance mutual understanding
10 modules, three days each (in alignment with OIE PVS Critical Competencies).
Titles of the modules:
- Sanitary Standards for International Trade
- Emergency Response
- Project Management (in the context of Veterinary Services)
- Organization of Veterinary Services
- Risk Analysis
- Epidemiological Surveillance
- Prevention and Control of Disease
- Veterinary Products and Antimicrobial Resistance
- Food Safety
- Animal Welfare
Extra: two optional modules shall be proposed:
- Inspection of Fisheries and Fresh-water Product
- Human-Animal-Environment Relationships
Teaching practices will foster peer interaction and the acquisition of professional skills and interactivity.
8,000€ (includes one week session in France) – Need based scholarships are avalaible – Please contact us if you want to apply.
Tuition fees include transportation, accommodation, and meals during the one-week session in Marcy L’Étoile. They do not cover accidental expenses in Lyon, or insurance and visa costs.
Registration form available here
Deadlines for registration:
September, 15 2019
INFORMATION AND GENERAL ORGANIZATION:
Vincent BRIOUDES (firstname.lastname@example.org)
with the support of:
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION:
Applicants must have an advanced degree in veterinary sciences and a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience.
|OIE Collaborating Centres|
1World Organization for Animal Health